- This event has passed.
Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat in Ganeshpuri, India
January 4 @ 10:00 AM - January 14 @ 6:00 PM
Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat with Sara Thorn in Ganeshpuri, India
5 day 4-9th Jan 2018 / 10 day 4 -14th Jan 2018
Detoxify , Rejuvenate, Purify & Re-awaken Your Mind & Soul.
A time to treat yourself, regenerate your body, replenish your soul, restore your health, dive deeply into your being.
Choose a 10 day deep detox or 5 day rejuvenate and relax program
Price: 10 day retreat $ 1400.00 AUD
Early Bird until 1st November $1260.00 AUD
Price : 5 day retreat $ 800.00 AUD
Early Bird until 1st November $720 AUD
Note does not include airfare
Spaces limited, Payment plans avaliable, $300 non refundable deposit required to reserve your place. Pay via Paypal or contact me for bank transfer details & discuss payment plans.
• Taxi from Mumbai airport to Ganeshpuri & taxi back to Mumbai.
• 3 vegetarian organic Ayurvedic meals and herbal beverages (non dairy options avaliable)
• Accommodation is twin share with western bathroom. (Single available at extra cost)
• Personal consultations with the esteemed Ayurvedic doctor, DR Raul Sonaware and his assistant Dr. Chinmay Tandale. They will design individualised daily therapies based specifically on your Ayurvedic constitutional type, doshic imbalances, age, digestive strength, immune status, pulse reading etc.
Daily program includes-
• 4 to 5 daily one-on-one treatments by trained local Advasi therapists using all pure handmade natural oils, herbs, including steam baths…
• Morning yoga with Sara
• Sunrise and sunset Agnihotra (fire ceremony)
• Outdoor Geo-Thermal Hot Spring Spas
• Evening yoga & meditation programs with Sara & guests
• Sacred music & chanting
• Puja with local Priest
• Trips to local sacred spots
• Climb & meditate in caves on Mount Mondagni
• Morning yoga
• Sunrise Agni Horta fire ceremony
• Organic Ayurevedic breakfast and teas
• Morning Ayurevedic Therapies
• Organic Ayurevedic lunch and teas
• Afternoon Ayurevedic Therapies
• Organic Ayurevedic dinner and teas
• Evening programs
with trips to local sacred spots, Ganeshpuri (10 minutes walk from retreat) throughout retreat
Stay at the beautiful Fire Mountain Retreat at the base of the powerful sacred volcanic mountain Mount Mondagni or Mount of the Eternal Flame, in the sacred lands of Ganeshpuri , India.
The pilgrimage site of Ganeshpuri is less than 2 hours from Mumbai airport. For millennium, saints and spiritual practitioners have benefitted from the spiritual power found here. Relax in natural, serene & quiet rural setting amidst simple & beautiful villages of India’s First People, the Adivasis.
The vibration, peacefulness and energy of the region and its healing properties can restore forgotten parts of yourself. You are invited to let go, regenerate, expand, and purify the body, mind & consciousness during a Ayurvedic rejuvenation and detox program known as Panchakarma.
Panchacama is the ancient Indian system of balancing the body & mind. Good health depends upon our capability to fully metabolize all aspects of life, assimilating that which nourishes and eliminating the rest. When we can’t completely digest our food, experiences, and emotions, toxins accumulate in our bodily tissues, creating imbalance and ultimately disease.
The therapists at Fire Mountain have been trained by the highly skilled Ayurvedic practitioners: Hemant & Yogesh Nepale of Shivpuri who live & breathe the sacredprincipals of Ayureveda and have 25 years experience
“I feel so much better, revived and fully restored, my body feels like it let go of stagnant energy ,my organs feel recharged , I could feel myself regenerating, from feeling so tired whilst toxins were releasing to feeling fresh and energised. I want to share this experience with you, so you too can benefit. ” Sara Thorn
In our daily, often stress and time poor western lives we often neglect the most important person , ourselves. With millions of distractions and things we constantly need to do we forget to check in with ourselves & our health often until we become depleted & sick, accepting chronic problems in our bodies as normal. And this also applies to our thoughts,head space,we rethink toxic thoughts and can become “stuck” or depressed.
We often don’t have or make time to stop and take stock of how our body feels,our mind and take the time to repair or heal ourselves,we just keep going.Not allowing ourselves to be fully nurtured.
This is an opportunity to detox & restore your body, mind, soul connection. This is an authentic Ayurevedic retreat where each day begins with a sacred invocation to the divine.
Some of the Ayurvedic treatments on offer during the 5 or 10 day program will include-
- Abhyanga-to experience this full body massage with two synchronized therapists using warm herbal oil is truly nourishing. A variety of Ayurvedic techniques are applied, working along the energy channels of your body to restore the flow of vital energy (Prana). Designed to deeply penetrate the skin, relax the mind-body, break up impurities, and stimulate both arterial and lymphatic circulation.
- Shirodhara – The gorgeous & relaxing pouring of warm herbal oil in a uniform pendulum motion onto the forehead is divine,thoughts cease and a space of deep rest is created.In addition to its rejuvenating and anti-aging effects, pouring warm herbal oil over the forehead, synchronizers brain waves , profoundly coordinating and calming the mind, body and spirit. Sirodhara improves memory, normalizes sleep patterns, addresses other neurological disorders, and strengthens the heart and third eye chakras.
- Bashpa Swedha-Medicated steam is applied to the body for certain periods of time to create perspiration. It removes stiffness, heaviness and coldness from the
- Mastra Vasthi -A cleansing procedure done through enema using medicated oil that is allowed to remain inside the colon for some time.
- Navakhizhi–is a perspiration triggering body scrub. Medicated herbal rice is used as the scrub. Navarakizhi is extremely effective against rheumatism, joint and muscle pains, back pains, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, nervous weaknesses.
- Nasya Karma – consists of herbal oils inhaled through the nose, clearing the sinuses of mucus and medicating the central nervous system.
- Kati Vasthi-– a special treatment for chronic back pain by applying medicated oil to the affected area.
- Greeva Vasthi-a therapeutic procedure meant for rheumatoid arthirits etc., where in warm medicated oil is retained in the cervical area of the body.
About your host
Sara is a yogini,designer & artist.She has been travelling the width & breath of India since 1987 and has visited India 10 times, she knows India like another home. She has a passion for India from the Spritual to its traditional crafts. Sara is a qualified Tantra yoga teacher, Kundalini Yoga teacher and specialises in teaching and sharing the lesser known esoteric yogic teachings .Sara has been initiated to conduct Shaktipat under the Siddha lineage & is devoted to sharing the ancient teachings & knowledge in our modern times.